Inspired by the official U.S. Ski Team mascot Champ, the Team kicked off a content series asking athletes and fans about the moment they truly felt like a champion.
Inspired by the official U.S. Ski Team mascot Champ, the Team kicked off a content series asking athletes and fans about the moment they truly felt like a champion. Hundreds responded using the hashtag #WhatMakesAChamp to try and win a trip to the NASTAR Pacesetting Trials at Copper Mountain to race Olympic champion Ted Ligety.
Ligety sorted through athletes young and old, from the east coast and the west, from new racers to experienced professionals, and here is who he chose...
1) GOLD MEDAL GRAND PRIZE – Auden Pankonin, Hudson, WI – Welch Village
#WhatMakesAChamp #tedligety #usskiteam Auden Pankonin 8 Hudson, Wi - US Ski Team "What makes a Champion"
Auden is the lucky winner of a trip for three to Copper Mountain to race in the NASTAR Pacesetting Trials with Ted Ligety on November 21st, round-trip tickets to Colorado, transportation, two nights lodging in Copper's Center Village, three two-day lift tickets, an official U.S. Ski Team uniform and a VIP swag bag.
2) SILVER MEDAL– Colin Rathbone, Groton, MA – Attitash Race Team
Colin will receive official U.S. Ski Team outerwear from Spyder. Check out his entry below.
3) BRONZE MEDAL – Dasha Romanov, Denver, CO – Loveland Ski Club Dasha snagged an official U.S. Ski Team hoodie, t-shirt, and hat.
#WhatMakesAChampWhat makes a champion in my mind? In my mind, a champion is someone who can overcome many physical and...
NATURE VALLEY FIRST TRACKS CELEBRATION AND PUTNAM INVESTMENTS NASTAR PACESETTING TRIALS Due to U.S. Ski Team athletes’ training schedule and warmer weather in Colorado, the date of the U.S. Ski Team’s annual Nature Valley First Tracks celebration and Putnam Investments NASTAR Pacesetting Trials was pushed from November 6 to November 21. The day of festivities will be hosted by three-time Olympian, U.S. Ski Team alum and NASTAR pacesetter Daron Rahlves and two-time World Champion Chris Davenport.
Schedule of Events: 8:30 a.m. Putnam Investments NASTAR Pacesetting Trials 11:00 a.m. First Tracks Festival 1:30 p.m. U.S. Alpine Ski Team Naming 3:00 p.m. Athlete Signing Session
Congratulations to all that entered the #WhatMakesAChamp contest!
Share your story throughout the 2015-16 season by telling us what makes YOU a champion on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by using the hashtag #WhatMakesAChamp for a chance to be featured amongst your favorite U.S. Ski Team athletes.
NASTAR/US SKI TEAM/COPPER MOUNTAIN #WHATMAKESACHAMP OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The NASTAR/US SKI TEAM/COPPER MOUNTAIN #WHATMAKESACHAMP CONTEST (the “Contest”) is only open to legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United Airlines States and Washington D.C., who were not or are not in the employment of Powdr-Copper Mountain, LLC, the United States Ski & Snowboard Association (“USSA” or “Sponsor”) or any of their respective affiliates, or subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and other coordinating agencies involved in this promotion or the household members or immediate family members (spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings) of any of the above. If a winner is under the age of majority in his or her state, the winner must have a parent or guardian accept his/her prize. Void outside the fifty United States and where prohibited by law.
2. EVENT SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by USSA, 1 Victory Lane, Park City, Utah 84098. (“Sponsor”).
3. TIMING. The Contest begins at 09:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on October 12, 2015 and ends at 4:00 p.m. MT on October 25, 2015 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. Enter for a chance to win by sharing what makes you a champ and using the hashtag #WhatMakesAChamp when you post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
FOR ALL ENTRIES: All entries must be submitted during the Entry Period. In order to win contest, entrants must make social media profiles public. You may enter as many times as you wish. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By participating in the contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects. The entry will be selected from full list of entries at end of Entry Period.
5. PRIZE; APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE “GOLD MEDAL” GRAND PRIZE: Trip for 3 to Copper Mountain Colorado to race in the Putnam Investments NASTAR Pacesetting Trials with Ted Ligety on November 6, 2015. Trip includes roundtrip domestic coach class travel on United Airlines, 2 nights lodging with Copper Mountain in a 1-bedroom condo located in Copper’s Center village, shuttle transportation from Denver International Airport via Summit Express, 3 two-day lift tickets, and one (1) official U.S. Ski Team uniform and one (1) VIP swag bag. Approximate Retail Value: $5000 SILVER MEDAL: Official U.S. Ski Team outerwear from Spyder Approximate Retail Value: $500 BRONZE MEDAL: Official U.S. Ski Team hoodie, t-shirt and hat. Approximate Retail Value: $150 Please note that prizes are subject to change.
RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY. The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize for travel on November 5, 2015 through November 8, 2015. If the winner is unable to redeem the Grand Prize during that time period, the Grand Prize will be forfeited. In the event Sponsor determines that these restrictions have been violated, Sponsor may revoke prize. Winner agrees to abide by all Sponsor rules, regulations and policies governing use of Grand Prize airline tickets and lodging services. As a condition to acceptance of any privileges, winner may be required to execute a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement provided by Sponsor. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. Air travel will be awarded in the form of Certificates that may be redeemed for round-trip travel on United Airlines from the airport closest to the winner’s home to the specified destinations. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Certificate seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Certificates are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of Certificates is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel. Tickets may be cancelled or reissued without penalty for a period of 24 hours after reservation is made. After this cancellation/reissue privilege expires, date, time and routing changes are permitted (subject to the availability booking class) however a $200 fee applies). Based on availability, passengers holding confirmed reservations and tickets may confirm earlier/later same day flight within 3 hours from scheduled departure time between same origin/destination for a non-refundable fee of $50 USD.
Certificates do not include the September 11th Security Fee of up to $2.50 which will be imposed on each flight segment in the passenger’s ticketed itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Baggage fees of $25 for first checked bag, $35 for second checked bag. Allowances subject to size/weight limits. Taxes and fees are subject to change. Any taxes, fees, or charges paid at the time of ticket issuance will be refunded if ticket is not used. However, once redeemed, Certificates are void and will have no further value. Certificate travel will not qualify for mileage credit. Stopovers/Upgrades/Waitlisting/Open Returns are not permitted for tickets booked with Certificates. Lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed Certificates will not be replaced. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g., valid passport, visa where applicable) at the time and place of departure. United Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation.
Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Travel companions of the Grand Prize winner will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Grand Prize winner and travel companions must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid passport, valid photo ID) in order to travel. All travel must be completed on date specified by Sponsor as described in rule #1. Certain restrictions may apply. Seat selection is subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, airline baggage fees, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, and transportation to airport to and from winner’s home residence are the winner's sole responsibility. Major credit card required at hotel check-in to cover any incidental charges. Only the prize stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event the NASTAR/First Tracks event is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate retail value of prize.
6. DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING. The entry will be selected from full list of entries at end of Entry Period on October 26, 2015. You may enter as many times as you wish. Sponsor will select three qualifying entrants. Sponsor shall have sole and final decision over all matters related to the Contest. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the prize stated become unavailable for any reason. Grand Prize is not transferrable.
7. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Gold Medal Grand Prize winner, Silver Medal and Bronze medal winners must respond to efforts to notify within 2 business days. Winners may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit prior to receiving the prize. Refusal to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit will render the winner ineligible for receipt of the prize.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Prize winners, or their parent or legal guardian if under 18 years of age, will be required to complete, execute and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit, a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 30 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected.
Submissions cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about USSA, Powdr-Copper LLC or their services, products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which USSA wishes to associate. USSA reserves the right to and will, monitor or screen submissions prior to posting them anywhere. By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on USSA-related websites, in USSA's sole discretion. USSA has no obligation to use or post any submission you submit. By providing a submission, the submitter grants to USSA, an exclusive, perpetual, transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the submissions in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible. Submissions cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than the USSA's trademarks, logos, trade dress, brands or products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or USSA (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law. By submitting a submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your or your team's original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you/your team have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and (f) that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such submitter will indemnify and hold harmless USSA and parties donating prizes from any claims to the contrary. Any submitter whose submission includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the submitter (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including USSA’s use of such submission, in the model/image release form provided on the contest website or another form satisfactory to USSA, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of submitter as a finalist. Any submission that, in the sole opinion of USSA, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled submissions are not eligible. All submissions become the sole property of USSA, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place USSA under any obligation, and that USSA is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, USSA does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to USSA, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
9. PUBLICITY. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, media submission and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (1) to be tampering with the entry process or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules.
10. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor, Powdr-Copper Mountain LLC, their parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective insurance companies, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, officers and shareholders (each a "Released Party") from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the J.A.M.S. Rules of Arbitration, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In consideration of entering the Sweepstakes, ALL ENTRANTS CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, USSA and Powdr – Copper Mountain LLC in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado and exclusive court jurisdiction over such disputes shall reside in the Courts of Summit County, Colorado.
12. WINNERS LIST. For name of winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to USSA, PO Box 100, Park City, Utah 84098 attn Meghan Leaver.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest subject in all respects to the complete Official Rules available at https//www.usskiteam.com/whatmakesachamp. Contest ends 10/25/15.